Thursday 8 June 2017

Analysis of survey results:

To gain an understanding of what types of music videos the "general public" liked, I decided to conduct a survey which would allow me to both narrow down my ideas for what type of music video I would like to create and also how I could make it appeal to my target audience and other audience members.

From my survey, I gained a nice amount of results from people and mostly those who fit into my target audience. These have allowed me to understand what is desired from music videos, particularly form the current generation(s). Most of the responses I received to my questions were fairly straight forward and as I predicted them to be - 80% of people said they enjoyed watching music videos; 32% (the majority) said they enjoyed the pop genre; 80% of people watched music videos through YouTube. However, in the areas that I was most interested in (the questions shown below) I received responses that gave me a clearer insight into the vast mix of interests that people have in music videos, even though the majority of people who took the survey actually enjoyed the same type of music.

The area which I focused on the most and got the most interesting answers for was the question "what is your current favourite music video (and why)?". I asked this question so that I could watch some of them to see what the people who responded meant and also glean a little inspiration for my own music video. 


A lot of people went for music videos which were artistic in the way that they were shot/edited and also ones which were "fun to watch" and "engaging". This has helped me to figure out what I will do for my music video and also, when paired with the focus group which I intend to hold, will enable me to have a greater understanding of how to appeal to my target audience through the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment