Thursday 8 June 2017

Focus group for further research:

Following on from my survey and research of various theories, I decided to conduct a focus group to allow me to get a more personal and in-depth response from a range of members of my target audience - allowing me to further understand what they desire from a music video and what their general preferences are.

From this small focus group, where I asked 5 second year film and media students their opinions and preferences when it came to music videos, I have been able to combine the survey results and focus group results to gain a greater understanding of what the general public (and also younger people who study subjects related to the media) wish to see from music videos.

The overall answer from this small focus group that I arranged was, as I thought it would be, that they preferred music videos which were "it has had a lot of thought put into how it's been edited. It looks very beautiful but also conveys the meaning of the song clearly.". This response has been very similar to the ones that I gained form my survey and have influenced me to create an interesting and hopefully visually aesthetic/appealing music video where the visuals match up with and help to amplify the lyrics of the song (whilst also adding a nice contrast to the robotic sound of the music with the addition of shot of nature).

No comments:

Post a Comment