Tuesday 22 November 2016

Contextual Study Evaluation:

For the research part of my contextual study unit, I feel as though I was able to source a good amount of information for the social, historical and political context. Although I could have used a great deal more research to include an explanation of the type of cinema and film productions of Czechoslovakia in the 1960s - 70s (when the New Wave movement was present), I believe that the amount of context and background information that I wrote - about the movement itself and the society it was produced in/for - is a sufficient amount when exploring and showcasing the point that I was researching in my essay. 

In terms of the reliability of the sources that I used for conducting research in my contextual study unit, I feel as though I used enough sources (including both books and websites) to verify each of the points and facts were correct before I wrote them into my essay. The fact that I used well acclaimed books on the wave, in addition to verifying each fact, meant that I feel as though I again a very wide and influenced understanding of the Czechoslovakian New Wave movement - and there is a very small change that the information I put into my contextual study essay is wrong/not historically accurate.

After I reviewed my first finished draft of the contextual study essay, I noticed a few flaws and, in addition, when it came to correcting them I chose to analyse a scene from each of the three texts that I had studied so that I furthered my own research into the New Wave movement and gave the points that I had made a more vivid and solid form of evidence - whilst also allowing me to explore the look and feel that the Czech New Wave film texts had.  

The part of the unit that I found the most difficult was when it came to analysing my chosen texts. This was due to the fact that I found it quite difficult to understand and interpret some aspects of the texts - particularly the meanings of each of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment