Thursday 3 November 2016

ISO Practice:


These are two short videos showing my exploration of ISO and its affect on the footage/footage quality. For these videos, I chose to use ISO 100 to shoot outside and ISO 1600 to shoot inside. The difference in quality that ISO makes is very evident in these videos, the first video (ISO 100) being a very smooth image although a little dark, and the second video (ISO 1600) is a great deal grainier although the footage is brighter. I feel as though these videos are really effective when it comes to showing the effect that ISO can have on the quality of footage. 

To investigate the effect of ISO on video quality, I chose to set my camera to 24fps, shutter speed 1/50, and an aperture of 5.6ff. As I wanted to explore the full effect of ISO, I decided to keep the exposure as it came out. While shooting this I had some trouble as it was raining and the camera lens kept getting clouded by water landing on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment