Thursday 3 November 2016

Essay Texts (Czeck New Wave):


The Firemen's Ball - Milos Forman
For my contextual studies essay, I will be exploring Czechoslovakian new wave cinema and the obscure ways in which the texts are constructed while reflecting the society of the time. Through my research, I will also be looking at the impact that the society and political state had on the movement and Czechoslovakian cinema in general.

The three Czechoslovakian new wave texts that I have chosen to focus on particularly are: Dasies (1966), The Firemen's Ball (1967) and Valerie and her Week of Wonders (1970). I have chosen these texts because I think that they are some of the most interesting and obscure texts of the Czech new wave movement. 

Daisies - Vera Chytilova / Valeries and her Week of Wonders - Jaromil Jires

No comments:

Post a Comment